Thursday, July 31, 2008

This ones for "The Birds"

I have to relay this story - I wish I had pictures, but one never knows when something like this will happen. Tuesday evening, I was in the backyard looking around at how much of a jungle my grass had turned into. Michelle came out with Quin and we started talking about things we'd like to do to the yard (plant a tree here, take down the clothes-posts here, things like that), when all of the sudden a bird hopped out of the really long grass. Now, normally if you get too close to a bird, it takes off. This one did not as it looked very young. I stomped the ground near it to get it to fly away. As I did, a robin flies down screaming right at Michelle's head! I mean, this bird is majorly angry - I was probably stomping too close to one of it's chicks.

Anyway, this bird literally dive-bombed Michelle who ran away screaming from the screeching bird. It landed on the ground and continued to screech until we went away. I seriously felt like I was living a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's film, The Birds. A little creepy, but it was funny at the same time! Just a funny story I wanted to share. To quote a character in the movie: "It's the end of the world!"

2 comments:

Kris said...

The poor bird! Just think, what would you do if someone stomped at Quin? You probably dive bomb them, too!

Tim and Jenny said...

Birds are creepy, but pretty. I know Steph was wearing Chad's football helmet in order to get in her car for awhile.