Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Weekend in Fergus

We spent another March weekend in Fergus Falls as we headed up to see our new God-daughter, Anna Mathiesen, baptised; we feel very blessed to have been given such an honor! It such a great experience to watch a child baptised! A few funny things happened this weekend that we don't have pictures for, but I had to let everybody know about.

1 - My cousin Amy went with us to Fleet Farm on Saturday. She told me about my dopey brother standing in front of the exit door waiting for it to open (silly, Kyle!)., but that's not the story. Upon leaving the store, Amy says, "Kaare I saw some boxers in their for you that said 'I'm Frickin' Lucky.'" Michelle starts to laugh and says, "no, they said 'I'm FEELING Lucky.'" It was very funny.

2 - My cousin Katie and Michelle made a fantastic dinner on Saturday night; but it was almost not meant to be. You see, Katie did something I've never seen before . . . she successfully burned butter and nearly smoked the house out. Very funny! But the end result was a heavenly cheeseburger soup . . . mmmmmmmm!

3 - At the baptism on Sunday morning, we were sitting in the second row right by the middle isle. Baptism was held at the traditional service which meant the choir was there. And standing right next to us was the choir director waving his arms as choir directors do. Well, Quin just stared at him for about a minute, then stood up on Michelle's lap, looked forward and raised his arms up just like the director. It was very cute and very funny!

4 - Finally, after the choir and Anna's baptism, Quin had enough of church. So he and I went out into the hallways to wander around and hopefully fall asleep (him, not me). Bethel has a huge wall devoted to the LB World Missions. There on the wall is the picture of my sister Kris' family, the Larsens. I pointed to Kris on the picture and said to Quin, "who's that." He got a big grin on his face and tried to pull the picture off the wall. Rather than let him destroy Bethel's missionary wall, I grabbed him a new picture and Quin proceeded to play with the picture. Or as Michelle put it, "he's playing with his cousins at church."

Anyway, that was some of the highlights of our weekend. I wish I had a camera for all of them, but they were great! Thanks to the Hosch clan for letting us crash with them again (two weekends in the same month!). It's been awesome spending time with you guys. And to Tim, Jenny, Ellie & Anna; thank you for asking us to be Anna's godparents. We will pray for her always and love her sometimes - just kidding, all the time!!! You are great friends (more like family) to us - we love you all.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm glad Quin still plays with his cousins at church! Joey was saying good-night to Baby Quin today as he sat on the toy box looking at all the pictures of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. So, I guess they still play together. Yea! We miss you, Quin (and Uncle Kaare and Aunt Michelle, too).

Anonymous said...

Hey Fatty just kidding that wasn't nice posting that about me on the blog where everyone can see it! It wasn't that funny anways!

-Amy