Monday, June 16, 2008

Inching ever so much closer

Well, we're officially 3 weeks out from Michelle's due date. Everybody keeps telling me that it goes really fast and it's here like that. I'm here to tell you that no it doesn't. He can't be here any sooner for me. I'm way to anxious for my son to be here; to hold him in my arms and marvel at God's amazing craftsmanship. And to just have somebody to rub my influence off on (he'll be a professional belcher for sure!) - haha! But more than anything I'm just anxious to be called "Dad." Yesterday was father's day and I watched my Dad and my brother-in-law soak up having a day centered around Dads - they deserved it as they're both wonderful dads. I want to be in that group. I want to be like my Dad who would do anything and everything (within reason of course!) for me and my siblings. Dad worked hard to give us a great home growing up (so did Mom!) and I want to be like that - my Dad is my hero and my inspiration to be the best father I can possibly be.

Michelle is doing really well. She's tired and wants her feet to not be puffy, but she's pulling through. I really think she wants him out just as much as I do. Not just to hold him in her arms but because she's getting uncomfortable. Still, she's more gorgeous every day I look at her. I'm in awe of her and how she's handled this. I could never do it - I'm man enough to admit I'd suck at being pregnant :) My wife is an amazing woman who is going to be a first-class mom.

We'll put some more pictures on later - maybe Michelle will even write something and not me - haha! I really wanted to put up a pic of Michelle showing off her belly but she vetoed it, so I'll describe it. Imagine if you will, Michelle standing with a profile view showing her stomach, then you look beyond her and the TV is on, and on the TV the show "Dirty Jobs" is on. I took this picture at just the perfect time because perfectly positioned on the TV screen, right by Michelle's stomach is the face of Mike Rowe (host of "Dirty Jobs") giving a very exasperated look. It's hilarious, but my wife is a spoil-sport. Oh well, so it goes. We're working on a good pic of her "big-ol-belly" as she likes to refer to it because we've had requests from Taiwan. Until then, keep us in your prayers for a safe and healthy delivery.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for the update, though I still would like to see a picture. I don't want to see the actual belly, just one that shows a little of it...no skin, in other words. Michelle, the puffiness will disappear a week or so after that precious baby arrives....rest up, you'll need it. Kaare will only be able to help so much. He will need his beauty sleep for work, after all! Love you guys!

John said...

I heard about this photo on Sunday. Let's see it!