Friday, June 27, 2008

NO BABY AND A SPECIAL MESSAGE

Well, no baby yet. Well, he's here but not out in the world yet. He continues to cause him Mom pain in the ribs due to well-placed kicks, but Michelle is doing just fine. We'll see what happens this weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to show up the weekend that my whole family is out of town at my cousin's wedding. But he'll come when he wants to, it's out of our hands - only God knows what date will be our son's birthday. We did pick a name, and unfortunately it's not Bruce Wayne. Try as I might his Mom would not give in. "I don't want my son to be named after Batman," was Michelle's response. Well, I will say this, I'm going to have a lot of leverage with that name if he happens to be born on July 18th which is the release date of the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. If that happens, God will be telling us that Bruce Wayne should be his name, much like the angels told Mary & Joseph to name the baby Jesus - haha - just kidding! I can't believe I just compared my son to Jesus; that will be the only time ever!!!

On a personal note, I wanted to post a message to my cousin Ben. Ben is getting married this weekend (June 28) to a wonderful gal named Sara. I was supposed to be there with them as a groomsman, but Michelle's doctors advised her not to travel so I'm home with her because I don't want to miss the possible birth of my son. Ben & Sara have been completely understanding during this (we announced baby before they announced a wedding date so we won!). It was an easy decision for me to stay home with Michelle, but it has been hard for me not to feel that somehow I'm letting Ben down by not being there for him. Everybody has told me not to think that way, even Ben has told me that, and I'm now at peace with the choice. I put together a very cool groomsman speech for the reception which will either be read, viewed on video or done live over the phone. I'm excited because it will feel like I'm actually there - in a way. So, I just wanted to say to Ben & Sara that Michelle & I hope your day is everything you had ever imagined. Ben, I know your Mom will be there too watching from Heaven with the greatest smile you'll ever see. We're all very happy for you and proud of you. And hopefully one of your ushers pulled out a stellar victory in the cage-fight to determine my replacement - sweet!

1 comment:

Sara said...

What is it with guys wanting fictional character names for their sons? If it was up to John, he'd use Optimus Prime. Hang in there Michelle!